Ilan Gerzi is a Senior Partner and Chair of the Capital Markets and Securities Group at Pearl Cohen’s Tel Aviv Office. Ilan joined the firm in April 2004 and became a Partner in 2007. Ilan has extensive experience representing both Israeli and foreign public companies listed for trade in Israel. His practice includes representing clients in complex mergers, take-overs, reverse takeovers, transactions involving shell companies and bond arrangements under the supervision of the court. Additionally, Ilan provides on-going legal advice and services to clients on matters such as internal enforcement procedures, implementation of corporate governance rules and reporting requirements. As part of his practice, Ilan represents clients vis-a-vis various governmental authorities and agencies, especially the Israel Securities Authority and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
During the years 2012-2013, Ilan’s team was involved in the following transactions:
- The listing of OPKO Health Inc. (“OPKO”), a company with a market cap of USD 2.5 Billion, for trade at the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (“TASE”) as a dually registered public company, the merger transaction between OPKO and Prolor Biotech, Inc. (“Prolor”) and the preparation of a prospectus to be published in Israel. For further information, see the following publications here and here.
- The publication of a prospectus and the completion of a successful initial public offering of Somoto Limited, raising NIS 20 million with an approximated additional NIS 5.3 million after exercising of all options. For further information see the following publications here and here.
- The completion of a public issuance of securities and private placements by institutional investors of Intec Pharma Ltd, a drug development public company, commencing on May 2012 and ending on September 2013. For further information see the following publication.
- The publication of a shelf prospectus and the completion of a public offering of Bonus Bio Group Ltd. For further information see here and here.
- The submission of a creditors’ arrangement proposal to the Lod District Court, pursuant to section 350 to The Companies Law 1999-5759 in the matter of Glycominds Ltd.
- The completion of a merger between Jobookit Holdings Ltd. and Jobookit Technologies Ltd., the publication of a prospectus and the completion of a public offering of Jobookit Holdings Ltd. For further information see here.