Barrett Hammond counsels emerging and established technology and high-growth companies from formation to exit. His practice focuses on corporate and intellectual property law matters, as he advises clients with respect to corporate structuring and strategy, equity and debt financings, strategic joint ventures, intellectual property licensing and distribution, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Hammond represents technology companies in a wide range of sectors, including sports and entertainment, media production and distribution, life sciences, blockchain enterprises, consumer products, and data analytics and security.
- Represented the loan-out company of an acclaimed Hollywood writer and producer, in the company’s acquisition by Twentieth Century Fox Television for an approximate transaction value of $135,000,000.
- Represented the founder of a private entertainment company in (i) an equity financing of $120,000,000, and (ii) a “put” purchase agreement, in which the company valuation is approximately $600,000,000.
- Represented an independent practice association consisting of eighty-five physicians in its acquisition by Optum, a division of UnitedHealth Group. Approximate transaction value: $30,000,000.
- Represented an outpatient surgery center in its acquisition by Surgical Care Affiliates. Approximate transaction value: $10,000,000.
- Represented an outpatient healthcare facility in its acquisition by a private equity firm. Approximate transaction value: $30,000,000.
- Represented a private equity firm in a cross-border take-private acquisition. Approximate value: $4,500,000,000.
- Represented a private equity company in its acquisition of a private software company. Approximate transaction value: $50,000,000.
- Represented a real estate development company in its joint venture with J.P. Morgan for the construction of a 300+ unit apartment building. Approximate transaction value: $120,000,000.
- Represented a private software company in its joint venture with partners in Australia and London.
- Represented a multichannel video programming distributor (“MVPD”) in a licensing and distribution transaction with a professional sports league, with respect to the preloading of the sports league’s application on mobile devices, and the distribution of the sports league’s content across the MVPD’s platform.