The Life Sciences Practice Group has substantial industrial, commercial, legal and patent experience and includes many practitioners with PhDs. Our professionals bring a wealth of experience in a broad spectrum of technologies, including:
- Biotechnology: molecular biology, genomics, microbiology, immunology, biochemistry, antibodies, proteins, bioinformatics, and nutraceuticals.
- Pharmaceuticals: active pharmaceutical ingredients, formulations, treatment of diseases, medicinal chemistry and drug design, cannabis-related pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical combinations.
- Nanotechnology: microfluids, nanostructures, fabrication, material sciences, electronic and optoelectronic devices.
- Chemistry: organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, material sciences, catalysts and catalysis, diversified chemicals, cosmetics, polymers and lipids.
- Diagnostics: compositions for use in diagnostics of various diseases and conditions, method of diagnostics and so forth.
- Medical Devices: in all fields of medicine, including ophthalmology, micro-dosing devices, cancer therapy, catheters and stents, diabetes treatment, wearable devices and so forth.
- Food Technology: new food products, processes for preparing food products.
We provide our clients with the full spectrum of intellectual property and patent services, including: drafting and prosecuting patent applications; strategic management and assessment of IP for both large and small patent portfolios; opinions on infringement, validity, freedom to operate, and/or patentability, including opinions for FDA Paragraph IV ANDA filings; negotiating terms and drafting license and commercialization agreements; mergers and acquisitions, consulting and providing legal opinions during initial public offering (IPO), and counselling to companies in the field from start-ups to publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations and tech-transfer of universities all over the world.