Dr. Shani Zeeli received her Ph.D. in 2019 from the Bar-Ilan University in medicinal chemistry. Her Ph.D. thesis was directed to Idoline derivatives as cholinesterase inhibitors, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents for the treatment of Alzheimer and inflammatory diseases, under the direction of Prof. Abraham Nudelman.
In conjunction with her chemistry B.Sc. studies, Shani completed her Law degree from the Bar-Ilan University and conducted her internship in the intellectual property law firm Luthi & Co. Shani Zeeli is a member of the Israeli Bar Association since 2009.
- I. Yanovsky, E. Finkin-Groner, A. Zaikin, L. Lerman, H. Shalom, S. Zeeli, T. Weill, I. Ginsburg, A. Nudelman, M. Weinstock. Carbamate Derivatives of Indolines as Cholinesterase Inhibitors and Antioxidants for the Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease. J. Med. Chem. 2012, 55, 10700-10715.
- S. Furman, E. Nissim-Bardugo, S. Zeeli, M. Weitman, A. Nudelman, E. Finkin-Groner, D. Moradov, H. Shifrin, D. Schorer-Apelbaum, M. Weinstock. Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of ester and amine derivatives of indoline in RAW 264.7 and peritoneal macrophages. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2014, 24, 2283-2287.
- M. Rosin-Weinstock, A. Nudelman, S. Zeeli. Patent application WO2017125932A1 entitled: “Indoline derivatives, compositions comprising them and uses thereof”.. – filed on January 2016.
- E. Finkin-Groner, S. Finkin, S. Zeeli, M. Weinstock. Indoline derivatives mitigate liver damage in a maouse model of acute liver injury. Pharmacol. Rep. 2017, 69, 894-902
- S. Zeeli, T. Weill, E. Finkin-Groner, C. Bejar, M. Melamed, S. Furman, M. Zhenin, A. Nudelman, M. Weinstock. Synthesis and biological evaluation of indoline derivatives as highly potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents. J. Med. Chem. 2018, 61, 4004-4019
Rankings & Accolades/Recognitions
2016 Bar Ilan University Rector’s Prize
2014 -2017 “Women’s Scholarship” in memory of Shulamit Aloni, awarded by the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Space, Israel.
2014 Prize for excellence in Studies, awarded by the Chemistry Department at Bar Ilan University
2014 Bar Ilan University Rector’s Prize
2005 Bar-Ilan University Dean’s List in Chemistry