Our USPTO practice prepares and prosecutes patent applications to protect our clients’ inventions in the US and around the world. Our patent attorneys and agents guide clients through and handle various patent related matters, including:
- Drafting and filing original patent applications.
- Prosecuting patent applications.
- Filing international patent applications and foreign patent applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and Paris Convention, respectively.
- Post-grant practice, e.g., reexaminations, inter partes review, and reissue.
- Analysis of prior art, patents, and patent applications, for both offensive and defensive purposes.
- Counseling and opinion practice, including preparation of legal opinions with regard to patentability, infringement, “freedom to operate,” and enforceability of patents.
- Counseling inventors, investors and patentees on various patent-related issues.
- Patent licensing, patent sale and assignment, and ownership-related issues.
- Patent portfolio management, analysis, augmentation, and improvement.
- Patent-related litigation, including patent enforcement cases to assert our clients’ patent rights against infringers, and patent defense cases to defend our clients from alleged accusations of infringement.
Quality and professionalism are a key aspect of our USPTO patent practice. Most of our patent attorneys and patent agents have advanced degrees in relevant scientific and engineering disciplines and/or were USPTO Examiners. Our professionals and multi-disciplinary teams are versed in the biological, chemical, pharmaceutical, medical device, electrical, chipset, nanotech, microfluidic, optical and electrical areas. We can handle patent prosecution, opinion work, inter partes review (IPR), reexaminations, litigation, competitive portfolio searches and analysis, licensing and enforcement issues.