Our team guides our clients on the measures they need to take to comply with the fast-paced evolution of legal standards applicable to their activities in cyberspace.
Some of the matters the group handled include:
- Guiding and counseling companies in their efforts to come into compliance with the requirements of the Israeli Privacy Protection Law, the data security regulations, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Drafting policies and procedures on data protection and information security, including “first response plans” for data breach incidents and advice on data protection and privacy regimes in global markets;
- Preparing privacy policies for online platforms (including e-commerce sites, portals, social networks, and Software-as-a-Service platforms);
- Advising a major financial institution on the legal restrictions under data protection laws applicable to its project to migrate its data operations from its on-premises data center solution to an outsourced solution on the cloud.
- Representing a major public-sector corporation in Israeli court litigation concerning the public entity’s dispute with an outsourced provider regarding ownership rights in a massive and lucrative database containing personal information of Israeli consumers.
- Counseling a prominent public institute on the privacy law implications of its proposed project to digitize its voluminous physical archives to then make them publicly accessible online.
- Assistance in establishing compliance mechanisms for trans-border flows of personal data;
- Training internal staff on appropriately handling personal information.