With the increasing complexities of global business, the growing significance of the ‘digital economy’, the importance of the geographic location of intellectual property has grown exponentially.
Today’s businesses must anticipate and manage the impact of taxes and compliance, and our tax experts know that while world leaders are still maneuvering the last beacons of the ‘new digital world tax order’ into place, many more tax and double tax risks will present themselves.
Tight management of these risks in the new post-BEPS era will not only prevent ‘double taxation’ but is expected to actually avoid pending ‘triple taxation’. The development and management of a solid tax strategy is an imperative for all responsible global businesses and financing operations. Today’s tax risks vary from income tax, withholding tax, indirect taxation, including VAT and import duty, and all subject to tightening transfer pricing scrutiny and compliance.
Pearl Cohen’s Global Tax practice brings many decades of experience to the table and works proactively with its clients to create, implement and monitor a commercially viable tax strategy based on commercial objectives and targets.
We advise private businesses, public companies as well as high-net-worth individuals on a wide variety of tax-related challenges in Israel, US and across the globe. The Tax group provides comprehensive tax guidance, both under domestic legislation as well as cross-border and our clients benefit from the multi-disciplinary experience of our lawyers, who are either certified public accountants and holders of degrees from leading academic institutions, ready to provide tailor-made, highly professional advice clients should expect from an international law firm.
The range of our tax services includes:
- corporate restructuring and dissolution
- mergers and acquisitions
- cross-border finance structuring
- leveraged buyouts
- tax incentives for high-tech companies, foreign investors and individuals
- national and multinational tax strategies and planning
- transfer pricing planning and long-term strategies
- international employee relocation
- retirement, compensation and stock option plans
- representation before the relevant Tax Authorities
- dispute resolution and litigation
- negotiation of pre-agreements with tax authorities
- tax planning in relation to immigration / emigration of individuals and corporates
- Value Added Tax
- taxation in relation to non-profit organizations and charities
- taxation of trusts
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary and cross-border tax team, our tax experts understand business needs and tax implications of each transaction and investment like no other.