Challenging market conditions, employees’ demands, and the aspirations of management are among the challenges facing organizations today. Meeting these challenges requires excellent, thorough and skilled practitioners providing immediate and practical advice that drives businesses forward.
Pearl Cohen’s Employment group is widely valued by domestic and global companies, from start-ups to multinationals, who trust our comprehensive, practical and effective day-to-day advice. With an extensive and varied client roster, we represent many household names in industries including hi-tech, pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical devices, banking, automotive, and hospitality among others.
We obtain the respect of our clients as a result of our cradle-to-grave employment offering, including advising on the employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, the due diligence that precedes them, and the transition of employees and the benefits that follow them. Our skilled team swiftly and effectively resolves employment disputes through litigation, arbitration or mediation.
Our full service team also advises on:
- The establishment of company policies regarding employees, consultants, or independent contractors
- Day-to-day questions regarding work relationships (e.g., sexual harassment, pregnant women’s rights, overtime, vacation, sick leave and more)
- Warrants against employee dismissals, trade secrets, potential criminal proceedings and more
- The resolution of complex employment, benefits and IP disputes before all labor and relevant tribunals
- The negotiation of collective labor agreements, often with the largest labor unions
- Obtaining work visas, including drafting applications, special contracts and communicating with the appropriate government authorities
- Obtaining all types of governmental permits (e.g. Saturday work, night work and certain terminations)
- Establishing, implementing and administrating multinational corporate benefit plans, such as stock option plans, stock purchase plans, phantom benefit plans, and more
The continued success of any company relies on the strong relationship between management and staff and Pearl Cohen is ideally suited to build the strongest bridges between them.