Micha has worked on many of Israel’s largest projects in the transport, energy and defence sectors, including on a PPP/ BOT basis, where he has represented owners, major contractors, the State and consultants deliver the projects, as well as advise on complex construction disputes that arise on such projects. Prior to joining the firm, Micha was a partner in the Project Finance and Infrastructure department of Yigal Arnon&Co. after having practiced as a construction lawyer with Allens-Linklaters in Sydney Australia.
Micha’s experience covers all sectors and industries, namely: transportation, motorways, railway and intercity rail, ministry of defense projects, civil & marine engineering, ports and harbors, renewable & conventional electricity, conversion of waste to energy and large commercial complexes. Micha represents his clients throughout the projects’ life cycle; from initiation and development, drawing up agreements with EPC and OM contractors, financial closing, execution of the project, contract administration during the operation and maintenance phase and the sale of the project.
Micha has deep knowledge and understanding of design- build and build only contracts and advises clients on delay, disruption and prolongation claims as well as on settlements of such claims, where he applies his mediation skills and qualification. Additionally, Micha has experience representing international clients bid on foreign military financing projects administered by Israel’s Ministry of Defense mission in New York. Micha lectures at professional infrastructure and construction panels and in his reserve duty serves as a legal officer with IDF legal corps international division.
Micha regularly acts on Israel’s largest, and most challenging projects, such as:
- Represented a bidder in the Ministry of Defense BOT for the Finance, Design, Construction, Operation and Maintenance of an IDF training base known as “Ir Habahadim“;
- Represented a bidder in the Ministry of Defense BOT for the Finance, Design, Construction, Operation and Maintenance project for the transfer of the IDF IT Corps and air force units to the South of Israel, Kiryat Ha’tikshuv Technological Base;
- Represented a bidder in the award of the Ministry of Defense BOT for the Finance, Design, Construction, Operation and Maintenance project to have IDF’s logistics centers combined in three centers in northern, central, and southern Israel under one unified command-Marhas;
- Represented a bidder in the award of the tender for the construction of the new Haifa harbor known as the – Hamifratz Port;
- Represented a bidder in the award of a PPP/ PFI tender for the delivery of the Highway 16 Project;
Intercity Light Rail (NTA)
- Represented bidders on the Metropolitan Mass Transit System Eastern Segment, Western Segment, Carlibach Station, and SDAG tenders for the construction of the light rail Red Line in Tel Aviv;
- Represented State nominated Government company in the red line Rolling Stock supply and maintenance contract with Chinese supplier;
- Represented State nominated government company in the light rail Red Line operation contract;
Intercity Light Rail (JTMT and JNET)
- Represented State negotiate with the Concessionaire extensions and branches and Supply and Maintenance of additional Rolling Stock to existing Red Line in Jerusalem;
- Represent the projct sponsor in the negotiation of the project agreements on the JNET;
- Represented Rolling Stock manufacturer bid in supply and maintenance tender of Double Deck Electric Rolling Stock tender procured by Israel;
Represented an international consortium bid on the Fifth Water System for Jerusalem, on a tender administered by Mekorot
- Represented an international bidder, as well as the EPC Contractor on the 450 megawatt combined cycle Power Plant in Beer Tuvia;
- Represented an international EPC Contractor in the Ramat Gavriel and Alon Tavor Power Plants.
Represented an international EPC:
- on settlement of claims on Delek Sorek 144 Mega Watt Gas Turbine combined cycle Power Plant
- bid on Etgal Ashdod 186 Mega Watt open cycle peaking power plant; and
- bid and settle claims on Hadera Paper combined cycle power plant
- Represented a major subcontractor in litigious proceedings on the 435 Mega-Watt Tallawara power plant, in New South Wales Australia
- Represented the EPC and OM on 5 PV solar energy farms of 35Mega-Watt in the Negev;
- Represented an SPC deliver dozens of mid-size solar projects serving kibbutzim, agricultural properties, municipalities, schools, sport gymnasiums recreational facilities, and industrial factories;
- Represented a shareholder in the SPC and EPC in a Waste To Energy tender for the establishment of a municipal waste treatment facility in Rishon Lezion (Shafdan)
- Represented the developer of a pumped storage project in Jerusalem in the initiation phase with the Electricity Authority;
- Represented the developer of a wind farm in northern Israel negotiate wind turbine supply and maintenance agreements and the balance of plant agreement;
Represented developers negotiate an EPC contract for completion of an abandoned shopping mall in Sydney and claim against the initial Contractor.