Pearl Cohen is an international law firm with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. We represent innovation-driven clients; from Fortune 500 and small-cap emerging companies to start-ups and entrepreneurs, investors, academic institutions and government-related entities.
SUMMARY: The Life Sciences Practice Group is looking for a Patent Attorney holding a PhD with at least 3 years of patent prosecution experience in molecular biology and/or immunology. The position is located in our New York office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prosecutes U.S. and ex-U.S. originated patent applications before the U.S. patent and Trademark Office.
- Prepares high-quality patent applications in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Evaluates prior art, third party patents, published patent applications.
- Conducts patent analysis and evaluations including but not limited to freedom to operate, validity, infringement and inventorship determination.
- Evaluates patent portfolios and patent landscapes.
- Conducts patent due diligence for a variety of transactions.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of new developments and recent decisions in the patent field.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possess 3 or more years of patent prosecution experience, preferably in molecular biology and/or immunology.
- Must have a Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalent law degree from an accredited institution and be licensed to practice law.
- Must have a PhD in molecular biology, immunology or a related discipline.
- Must be registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account: Health Care, Dependent Care, and Transit
- Life Insurance
- Generous Time Off Plan
- Professional Development
Send inquiries and resume to: email@example.com