Our Cyber and Internet practice group has accumulated decades of experience counselling clients on the law as applied to the Internet and cyberspace. Our attorneys thoroughly grasp new Internet-driven technologies and have conquered precedent-setting legal work on Internet-related issues. Representative topics we have handled in this domain include:
- Liability of online platforms for defamatory speech, infringing material or privacy-invading content available through them.
- Application of the laws governing circumvention of Technological Protection Measures (TPMs), to the Internet.
- Application of the Israeli penal code to online gambling sites.
- Guidance on websites’ compliance with the US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and its regulatory rules.
- Legal best practices for online distribution of software and their automatic installers.
- Surreptitious access to Internet subscribers’ emails, by investigative authorities.
- Application of the Israeli legal framework governing the use of encryption, to online activities.
Additionally, in recent years, regulatory agencies are becoming more attuned to cyber and cyber-security, issuing various guidelines in this realm. The legal framework governing the use of IT systems at businesses is also significantly adjusting to cyber and cyber-security. Pearl Cohen’s seasoned Cyber and Internet practice group fuses intimate knowledge of cyber law and cybersecurity regulations with deep technical and business understanding of cyber-oriented companies. We counsel clients on all legal aspects of their cyber operations and cyber-defense activities and guide them on the measures they need to take in order to comply with the legal standards applicable to their activities in cyberspace.